Sep 2, 2009

Grilled Vegetable Panini



First of all, pardon the pictures. Normally, I would spend some time trying to actually light or stage them, but lately I simply want to eat, so consider it amateur photo-journalism.

We recently bought a little kitchen gadget I've been finding more and more uses for. It's called the "Griddler" from Cuisinart. Really, it's just a panini grill, but it has a few more tricks up its sleeve. It can be used as a press grill, but you can also open it up flat and use it as a griddle.

For this panini, I cut up zucchini, eggplant and red peppers, then pressed them with the grill press until they were nicely cooked through. I tossed them with olive oil, salt and pepper and then spread them on to a slice of focaccia bread.


From there I made two separate sandwiches: one with brie and one with mozzarella and olives. I had been inspired by a great brie and olive sandwich we had in Vancouver.


A quick press in the grill and we had two great sandwiches. I really liked the brie, though I don't think it worked for my wife, so if you're not feeling adventurous, I'd stick to mozzarella.


No comments:

Post a Comment